When people try to lose weight, the usual focus tends to be on the sort of foods they choose to eat and the calories they contain. But, when it comes to fat loss, making sure that you drink enough water is just as important as the food you are consuming.
In this article I’m going to be discussing how drinking water can help boost your fat loss efforts and providing you with a number of effective tips for filling up on water every single day.
How Does Drinking Water Help Your Fat Loss?
1. Water Contains Zero Calories: This means you can drink as much as you like (within reason) without worrying about the effect it will have on your waistline. By drinking lots of water you’ll feel fuller and also avoid the calorie laden drinks like soda so giving your weight loss efforts a boost.
2. Water Keeps You Hydrated: Dehydration slows down your body’s fat burning processes and also has a negative effect on your metabolism which reduces the total amount of calories you burn each day. Therefore, by drinking lots of water and staying properly hydrated you can optimize the amount of calories your body burns in a day and ensure that dehydration doesn’t compromise your fat loss efforts.
4 Top Tips For Filling Up On Water Every Day
Filling up on water during the day is not really a difficult task yet many people neglect to do it. Here are four top tips for making sure that you get enough water on a daily basis to stay well hydrated:
1. Keep A Water Bottle Handy: One of the easiest ways to make sure you’re getting enough water is to keep a bottle of water with you at all times but of course you have to remember to drink it. By using a non-toxic refillable bottle you’ll have no excuse for not drinking enough as you can easily refill it. It’s best to use filtered water if you can. If you don’t like drinking plain water you can use a bottle infuser and fill it up with low carb fruit for a refreshing low calorie drink.
Related reading: 5 Healthy Fruits You Can Eat On A Low Carb Diet
2. Hot Drinks Count Too: Although it used to be said that tea and coffee acted as diuretics and could not be counted as your fluid intake that is not now thought to be so. Coffee, black tea, green tea and other hot drinks that are not loaded with sugar are good sources of water and a great way to ring the changes if you get bored with plain water. They also contain a range of health boosting nutrients.
3. Set Reminders: If you tend to forget to drink regularly another excellent way to ensure that you’re getting enough water is to set reminders on your phone at various intervals during the day. If you set eight reminders to go off during the day and then drink a glass of water, keto coffee, black tea or green tea every time the reminder goes off, you’ll easily stay hydrated.
Related reading: What Is Keto Coffee and Should You Drink It?
4. Snack On Fruit: One final way to ensure you’re getting enough water is to snack on low carb fruit. Most fruit contains over 50% water so by eating it, you’ll get a low calorie snack which satisfies your appetite, provides you with plenty of health boosting nutrients and helps to keep you hydrated.
Neglecting to stay well hydrated you’re not only sabotaging your weight loss efforts but you’re also putting your overall health at risk. So if you’re not currently consuming adequate amounts of water each day, take another look at the tips above, start implementing them and give your fat loss efforts a boost.