If you’re following a gluten free, low carb or keto diet, then you know that regular wheat, rye or oat flour bread is one of those foods that you need to avoid because it’s loaded with carbohydrates. Thankfully, there are plenty of low carb bread recipes that make use of low carb flours, such as almond flour and other nut flours. For those who have nut allergies, however, nut flours may not be the best choice for your low-carb bread. The best alternative is to use coconut flour. In fact, coconut flour is more flavorful and doesn’t come with that “eggy texture” which you will normally find with almond flour.
Here’s a recipe for a delicious and flavorful low carb coconut flour bread from Megha Barot one of the bloggers at KetoConnect. It includes rosemary and garlic which gives it a really yummy flavor. The great thing about this bread is that it toasts well too. Give it a try and see what you think. Here’s the recipe:
Low Carb Coconut Flour Bread Recipe
• 1 stick of grass-fed butter, (approx 8 tbsp).
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1/2 tsp. onion powder
• 1/2-1 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
• 2 tsp. dried rosemary
• 6 large free range or organic eggs eggs
• Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl, the coconut flour, onion powder, garlic powder, baking powder, salt, and dried rosemary. Set aside.
• In a separate bowl, add the six eggs and beat well using a hand mixer until you see bubbles forming on top.
• Melt the butter gently in a small saucepan and gradually add it to the beaten eggs and continue beating with a hand mixer.
• Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while you continue to mix the ingredients with a hand mixer.
• Prepare an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and grease it well. Pour the bread mixture into the pan.
• Bake at 350 degrees F (165 degrees C) for up to 50 minutes.
• After removing the bread from the oven, let it rest for about 10 minutes. Then remove the bread from the pan, slice and enjoy with butter!
Here’s a video of the recipe:
Want more low carb recipes?
Click here to check out Weekly Keto Weight Loss Meal Plans and start burning off pounds of fat TODAY!