One of the most delightful desserts that you can have if you are following a keto diet is cheesecake. It’s low in carbs and high in fat, which is exactly what you need for the diet. But you can give this dessert a twist by making it into popsicles! These keto blueberry cheesecake popsicles are extremely easy to prepare since the freezer will do all the real work involved in this recipe devised by Megha Barot. As she so rightly says berries are the best fruits for eating if you’re low carb.
Related reading: 5 Healthy Fruits You Can Eat On A Low Carb Diet
I’ve made a few additions to make this recipe super healthy. For example, it’s best to get organic cream cheese, whipping cream, sour cream and blueberries if you possibly can. Non organic milk and cream can contain antibiotic and hormone residues which are best avoided for optimal health. Non-organic blueberries come 16th on EWG’s list of foods with the most pesticide residue. Here’s the delicious recipe.
Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles
(Organic ingredients are best if you can get them)
• 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 3 ounces organic blueberries
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 15 drops good quality liquid stevia
• 1 organic lemon zest
• 1 organic lemon juice
• 1/2 cup swerve sweetener
• 1/4 cup organic sour cream
Aside from the ingredients above, you also need a silicone mold for six popsicles.
• Using a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and sour cream in a large bowl.
• Add the stevia, vanilla extract, swerve, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix well.
• Add half of the blueberries and mash using a spoon.
• Pour in the remaining half of the blueberries and mix using a hand mixer.
• Divide the mixture into six and pour on the Popsicle mold. Freeze for up to six hours, or if possible, overnight. Enjoy!
Here is a video of the recipe.
Popsicle Image by Megha Barot