If you did a Google search for “Keto pancakes” this year then you were in good company. It was apparently the 4th highest search term on Google in the food category, with people searching for the term an average of 14,800 times a month. Keto cream cheese pancakes a lot of searches too. Everyone’s gone keto!
Pancakes are among those foods that people following a low carb diet tend to avoid because they are usually loaded with carbs. But following the keto diet does not really mean you have to say goodbye to pancakes forever. In fact, there are loads of delicious keto pancake recipes out there that followers of the keto diet are fond of. The variations are endless and you can experiment until you find one that’s exactly right for you and your family.
This recipe from KetoFocus is so simple to make and very delicious. Do give it a try. My advice as usual is to buy organic eggs, cheese and cream if you can as they are so much healthier than produce from commercially reared animals.
If you miss your pancake syrup then you can use one of the delicious ChocZero syrups. They are sugar free, being sweetened with monk fruit, contain no preservatives, no sugar alcohols that upset some people’s guts, and of course perfect for a ketogenic lifestyle.
Easy Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes Recipe
Makes about 16 pancakes
• ½ cup coconut flour
• 1 tsp. natural vanilla
• ½ cup heavy cream, or any keto-approved milk
• ¼ cup Swerve, or any of your favorite low carb sweetener
• 2 tsp. baking powder
• 4 organic eggs
• 8 oz. soft cream cheese
• Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
• Pour batter onto a pre-heated non-toxic non-stick pan or greased griddle to form rounds the size you want the pancakes to be.
• Cook both sides until brown.
• Serve with your favorite low-carb toppings like berries or ChocZero Syrups.
Here’s another keto friendly pancake recipe: Keto Pancakes with Berries
Here’s the video demo for this recipe:
Pancake image by Martin