Just because you’re vegan does not mean you cannot follow the keto diet or any other low carb diet. As a matter of fact, there are lots of delicious vegan keto recipes out there and one of them is this Keto Cauliflower Makani Bites. Nothing stopping you having this as a side dish with any meal. It’s delicious, spicy, and crispy. Above all, it’s quick and easy to prepare! So below is the recipe and video from the amazing Sahil Makhija of Headbanger’s Kitchen. He says it’s his vegan version of butter chicken.
As usual I’ve tweaked it a bit to make it even more healthy. I’ve changed the olive oil for avocado oil because the health experts say that you should not heat olive oil as it’s health benefits are destroyed. I would use coconut oil or avocado oil instead which you can heat without causing any damage. I also recommend Himalayan salt as most of the sea salt these days contains plastic fibers. You don’t want those in your meal now do you?
Keto Cauliflower Makani Bites
Makes 2 servings
• 500 grams cauliflower
• 1 pureed tomato
• 1 tsp. cumin seeds
• 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
• 1 tsp. dried fenugreek leaves or Kasuri Meth
• 1 tsp. tandoori masala
• 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp. garam masala
• 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
• 1/2 tsp. turmeric
• 2 tbsp. coconut milk
• 3 tbsp. avocado oil
• Fresh coriander, chopped
• Himalayan Salt to taste
• Wash and clean the cauliflower and cut into florets. Season with tandoori masala, 1 tbsp. of avocado oil and some salt.
• Bake at 400 °F (200°C ) for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Heat 2 tbsp. of avocado oil in a pan and gently fry the cumin seeds. Add the ginger garlic paste.
• Add the tomato puree and the spices. Cover and leave for 10 minutes to cook.
• Add the coconut milk and coriander and season with salt.
• Remove the cauliflower from the oven and add the sauce.
• Bake for another 10 min until the cauliflower is cooked all the way through.
• Arrange on your serving plate. Enjoy!
Check out this video for the keto recipe:
Looking for more Keto recipes? Take a look at these:
Image by Headbanger’s Kitchen