Going on a keto diet does not mean you have to totally give up your favorite foods. If you love Buffalo chicken wings, then you will definitely love this low-carb, spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe. Instead of the usual chicken wings, this recipe from Dani Speis, a Health & Wellness Coach, has been modified to chicken meatballs. It’s absolutely delicious and has fewer calories than your traditional chicken wings. It’s a perfect meal to add to a low carb or keto diet! Here’s the recipe with a couple of my usual tweaks to make it even healthier.
Low Carb Spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Makes about 16 balls
• 1 lb. ground white free range or organic chicken meat
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 tsp. of Paprika (smoked paprika can contain toxic chemicals so should not be eaten often if at all)
• ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
• 1/2 small onion
• 1/2 cup chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup of a healthy low carb hot sauce (Dani uses Wing Time)
• Himalayan Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Celery sticks
• Carrot sticks
• Dip – blue cheese dressing You can get Dani’s recipe for a low fat blue cheese dressing here.
• Preheat your oven to 400°F. (200°C)
• Place the ground chicken in a bowl. Add the garlic, onion, paprika, parsley, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
• Take about 2 tbsp. of the ground meat mixture and roll with your hand to shape into a ball similar to the size of a golf ball.
• Place the meatballs on a baking sheet that’s coated with healthy cooking spray. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until such time that they are cooked through.
• While the meatballs are baking, start heating the hot sauce in a skillet. Then toss the baked meatballs in the sauce to coat.
• Arrange the meatballs on a serving plate with the carrot sticks and celery sticks. Serve with a healthy blue cheese dressing dip or another or your favorite healthy dips.
• Hope you will try out and enjoy this Low Carb Spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe!
Check out this video for the recipe:
Looking for more low carb recipes? Try these:
Image by Clemens v. Vogelsang