When following the keto diet, whipping up a low carb breakfast to jumpstart your day can be a challenge especially if you’re living a busy lifestyle. You probably don’t have the luxury of time to create keto friendly meals every morning that consist of bacon, eggs, and other ingredients. If you need to prepare breakfast in a hurry, why don’t you give this Vegan Keto Porridge from Ruled.me a try? It’s easy to prepare and will only take a few minutes of your time!
The recipe calls for a vegan protein power but because of they are made from they tend to be higher in carbs. Unless you already have a favorite vegan protein powder you could try Sun Warrior Classic Plus. It contains raw proteins from pea, brown rice, quinoa, amaranth which have been sprouted which increases their nutrient value and that is good in my book. The net carbs are between 0g-2g.
If you are not vegan but want to make this low carb porridge you might like to add Perfect Keto’s low carb protein powder. It comes in three delicious flavors, vanilla, salted caramel and chocolate as well as unflavored so you can ring the changes on tastes.
Vegan Keto Porridge Recipe
• 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk (use less if you like it thicker)
• 2 tbsp. coconut flour
• 2 tbsp. Vegan protein powder, Vanilla flavor
• 3 tbsp. golden or other flaxseed meal
• Powdered Erythritol (or other low carb sweetener)
• In a medium sized bowl, mix the coconut flour, protein powder, and golden flaxseed together.
• Place in a saucepan and pour in the almond milk. Cook on a medium heat until it produces a thick consistency.
• Once it thickens, add the powdered erythritol, depending on your preferred level of sweetness. Try half a tablespoon.
• Serve with your choice of low carb toppings! Cinnamon, blueberries and walnuts make a good combination.
For another tasty low carb breakfast recipe you might like is these Keto Pancakes with Berries
Here’s a video demo of the Vegan Keto Porridge recipe: