Chicken soup is among those comfort foods that a lot of keto dieters tend to crave. So if you find yourself craving for one, this low carb chicken chili soup cooked in a crockpot would be perfect. It’s so easy to prepare. You can choose to set your crockpot in the morning so you’ll come home from work to a really good low carb chicken soup.
Here’s the recipe from Caveman Keto. He (he does not give his name and it’s nowhere on his blog) calls it chicken chili soup but does not include chili in the ingredients or in the video. You can add a little fresh chili or some chili flakes if you want. He also uses onions and peppers that he’s previously sliced and frozen. It can save a lot of time doing it this way as you can just throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning if you are going to work or out for the day.
As usual I have taken the liberty of adding a few alterations to make this ultra healthy such as using organic chicken and bacon, grass-fed butter and Himalayan salt. He uses Kosher salt but some brands contain anti-caking agent so check the label. Most sea salt these days contains plastic fiber so it’s best to use salt that have come from ancient sea beds like Himalyan salt or Real salt. If you are following a low carb diet or a Ketogenic lifestyle then you want your food to be as healthy as possible, don’t you?
Low Carb Chicken Chili Soup Recipe
• 8 pcs boneless chicken thighs ( free range organic is best)
• 8 slices of good quality bacon
• 1 cup organic chicken stock
• 1 onion
• 1 green organic bell pepper
• 1 tbsp. coconut flour
• 1 tbsp. minced garlic
• 1 tbsp. thyme
• 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
• ¾ cup coconut milk, unsweetened
• 2 tbsp. unsalted grass fed butter
• 3 tbsp. organic lemon juice
• 3 tbsp. organic tomato paste
• Place a pat of butter in the middle of the crockpot.
• Slice onions and peppers thinly and distribute them evenly at the bottom of the crockpot.
• Place the boneless chicken thighs over the onions and peppers.
• Add the salt, pepper, coconut flour, and garlic. You can add a little chili here as well if you want (see my note above)
• Pour over the chicken stock, lemon juice, coconut milk, and tomato paste.
• Cook in the crockpot on low heat for 6 hours.
• Stir the soup and shred the boneless chicken thighs before serving.
• You can also choose to top the soup with sour cream and cheese if you like.
• Serve & Enjoy!
Here’s the video of the recipe:
Want more low carb dinner recipes? Dinner in Five gives you 30 easy and delicious low carb dinner recipes all using just 5 ingredients and 5 net carbs or fewer!
Click here to find out more.