If you’re craving for some pancakes for breakfast, but you’re worried that this could put you on the wrong track for your low carb diet, then you better give these low carb almond pancakes a try
Almond flour is one of the best low carb alternatives to regular flour. One quarter cup of almond flour contains 5 g of protein, 12 g of fat, and only 2 g of net carbs, which makes it a perfect choice for those on the keto diet.
These pancakes from Dani Spies, a Health, Wellness, & Weight Loss Coach, are high in healthy fats and definitely low in carbs. They are the perfect alternative to the traditional carbo-loaded pancakes.
Low Carb Almond Pancakes With Raspberry Sauce
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup egg whites
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- A pinch of fresh nutmeg
- 1-pint organic raspberries
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ½ cup fresh organic orange juice
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp. non-fat Greek yoghurt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the baking powder, cinnamon, almond flour, and nutmeg. Mix in the egg and egg whites.
- Heat a non-stick, ceramic pan over medium heat.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture into the pan.
- Flip the pancake as soon as you notice the edges start to bubble. Cook for another 40 seconds.
- Remove the pancake from the pan until you finish off the rest of the pancake batter.
- To make the sauce, simply combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring them to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for up to 25 min. or until such time that the sauce has reduced down and produces a thick consistency.
Arrange your pancakes on a plate and pour on about 2 tbsp. of the sauce, then top with a dollop of the Greek non-fat yoghurt!
Watch how to make them in the video below.
Image by Joe Foodie