Cauliflower rice is not the only low carb recipe for cauliflower that’s gaining popularity among low carb dieters these days. There’s also the cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower pasta, and now, cauliflower wraps!
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable and that makes it a good detox veggie. It’s a vegetable that’s often neglected so these wraps are a brilliant, tasty way to add more detox veg to your diet.
Related reading: Low Carb Broccoli Rice Versus Cauliflower Rice
These cauliflower wraps from Dr Berg are truly amazing that you can forget about using flour or corn tortillas the next time you host taco nights with friends. Once you start making these cauliflower wraps, you’ll never want to go back. All you need are five ingredients and less than 20 minutes of your time! So here’s the recipe
Amazing Low Carb Cauliflower Wraps
• Half a cauliflower head (equivalent to 2 cups of cauliflower rice)
• 2 organic eggs
• ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• Italian herb mix or any herb of your choice
• Preheat the oven to 375° F ( 190C) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
• Grab your food processor and pulse the cauliflower head until it crumbles. If you are using cauliflower rice, then you can skip this step.
• Steam the riced cauliflower for up to 8 minutes.
• In a dishtowel, pour the steamed cauliflower in and drain. Press the towel hard in order to squeeze the water out. Discard the water.
• Transfer the cauliflower from the towel to a bowl then mix in all the other ingredients.
• Pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the baking sheet you have prepared and thinly spread into a circle. Just don’t make it too thin that you’ll end up seeing the baking sheet through the mixture. Use a ladle to spread the mixture in thinish circles. You should be able to produce 4 wraps.
• Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until they become dry and pliable.
• Using a spatula, gently pull the cauliflower wrap off the baking sheet and place into a rack to cool.
• The wraps are pliable and soft, but they will not break apart. Aside from tacos, you can also use them as crepes or gluten free sandwiches.
Here’s a video of the recipe:
Want some more low carb recipes? Check these out:
Brownies On A Low Carb Diet?
Low Carb Zucchini Pasta With Avocado Sauce Recipe
Low Carb Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
Grab & Go Low Carb Muffins