If you’re looking for a low carb recipe that’s perfect for the hot days of summer, this Easy Low Carb Pesto Chicken and Asparagus made in one pan is what you need. This meal is perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s full of nutrients and absolutely delicious, too! You can also enjoy it with a serving of your favorite salad on the side. So here’s the recipe (with a few of my additions make it extra healthy!) from Julia’s Album. Julia is a self-taught cook and food photographer. She follows a gluten free diet so the majority of the recipes on her blog are gluten free.
Easy Low Carb Pesto Chicken and Asparagus
• 2 tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil (you should not really heat olive oil as it’s health benefits are destroyed)
• 1 lb. boneless and skinless. free range, chicken thighs, sliced into strips ( organic is best)
• 1/3 cup of drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
• 1 lb. trimmed asparagus ends, cut in half
• 1/4 cup basil pesto (can be nut and dairy free if you prefer)
• 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (organic are best if you can get them)
• Himalayan salt ( sea salt is full of plastic fibers)
• Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add the chosen oil and the chicken strips. Season the chicken with a generous amount of salt then add half of the sun-dried tomatoes.
• Leave everything to cook on medium heat for up to 10 minutes while making sure to flip the chicken a couple of times until it’s cooked through completely.
• Remove the cooked chicken and leave the oil in.
• Add the asparagus and season with a little more salt. Then add the remaining sun-dried tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for up to 10 min. or until the asparagus is cooked through.
• Remove the asparagus and arrange in a plate.
• Put the chicken back to the skillet and add the basil pesto. Stir and cook in a low medium heat for 2 min until the chicken is reheated. Add the cherry tomatoes.
• Remove from heat and serve on the plate along with the asparagus.
Check out this video for the recipe:
Want some more tasty, low carb, main course recipes? Try these:
Image by Julia