Description: It can be difficult to know how to lose weight in a healthy manner. Start your weight loss journey in the right direction with these brilliant weight loss tips and diet plan ideas.
Losing weight can be a tricky process, and possibly an unhealthy one if you go for the wrong diet. The wrong diet could end up doing more harm than good, even if you’re eating protein cookies or engaging in exercise. A lot of people also recommend the wrong practices, helping to lose weight but damaging the body at the same time. Here in this article, we look at how you can achieve healthy weight loss and provide some great weight loss meal plans. Ready to find out more? Let’s get going!
Weight loss tips
- Don’t forget to eat breakfast. Not only will this help you get the essential nutrients you need, but it will prevent you from snacking unnecessarily throughout the day.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, because they are low in calories and high in fibre, plus they contain a lot of minerals and vitamins.
- Drink a lot of water because people often confuse being hungry with being thirsty.
- Try not to ban any foods, especially those you love. If you do this, you will only end up craving them more. There is no reason to forbid yourself from eating the food you love every once in a while.
- Get a lot of exercise and keep fit. You will burn off any extra calories, plus gain a multitude of health benefits.
- Study food labels, knowing exactly what you put into your body. Not only can you lose weight but it will also help you choose healthier options. You will need to count the calories so that you don’t go overboard.
- Reduce alcohol consumption because alcoholic drinks are full of empty calories.
- Eat meals regularly to help burn calories at a faster rate than normal.
- High-fibre foods are best because they will keep you full for longer and provide you with a lot of energy.
- Get used to using smaller plates and decreasing your portion sizes.
- Do not have a stock of junk food and make it difficult to obtain it.
So now that you have these tips in mind, what kind of plan will help you on your way? Let’s look at some brilliant options and ideas for weight loss plans.
Counting the calories
This is one of the best, and easiest, ways to lose weight. Stay on track and take note of what you’re eating at all times, then reduce your calorie intake by 600 cal a day. If you go overboard one day, don’t worry – you can make up for it on any of the following days in the week. A person should eat around 2000 cal a day, so maintain a strict level of 1400.
Related reading: The Paleo Diet : Beyond Calorie Counting
Our ancestors spent many days wandering around looking for food and had evolved to adapt to periods of hunger. Humans are no different, and research shows that we are in fact biologically primed to eat less. Over time we have dramatically increased our rate of consumption, but we do not need to eat as much as we do. Studies show that intermittent fasting results in an average 8% weight loss over two weeks. Various forms exist, but we would recommend limiting your calorie intake to 8 hours of the day, and not eating for the rest.
Related reading: Can You Do Intermittent Fasting On Keto?
A plant-based diet
Veganism and vegetarianism are trendy in the weight loss diet world, but for good reason! Vegetables are also much less dense in calories than meat, and so are brilliant to consume if you want to lose weight. Plants are fibre dense, so you can get all of your energy and stay full for longer than if you’re eating a lot of meat. Not only this, but plant-based diets have been linked to a reduction of cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
The ketogenic diet
This diet is one of the most popular to date. It is based around eating 80% fat and protein, with carbohydrates only making up 10% of your calories. By doing this, the body taps into a natural metabolic process known as ketosis. This process encourages the body to burn fat for energy rather than carbohydrates. The result is healthy weight loss, particularly in hard to reach areas such as the belly and buttocks.
Weight loss should always be healthy
We hope that you can take away a lot of valuable information from our weight loss tips and plan ideas. The key point is to always make sure that you’re not skipping on your health under any circumstances. There are a lot of bad diets out there which focus on weight loss but put the body under enormous stress, however, the key is to always lose weight in a healthy manner. It is more important to have a sensible approach rather than a “quick fix” solution. Good luck – we know you can lose weight fast naturally!
How do you like to lose weight? What are your favourite weight loss workouts and meal choices? We’d love to hear from you. Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.
Kevin has been writing content for about 3 years. He really wants to share his experiences and advice with anyone who cares about health and fitness. He enjoys helping people achieve their fitness goals with simple instructions and overcoming any obstacles on the way.