If you’re looking for inspiration for a low carb breakfast, try these delicious keto breakfast biscuits made with sausage and cheese. Baked with almond flour, they are a low carb version of the usual sausage cheddar biscuits.
Related reading: Are Almonds Good for Weight Loss?
I should make it clear here that what Americans call biscuits are not the same in the UK. Biscuits here are what Americans call cookies. American biscuits are more like what the English call scones.
American biscuits originated in the South while scones originated in Scotland. Biscuits tend to be more flaky than scones which are often sweet and served with butter and jam.
These keto breakfast biscuits from Sara Lynn, The Domestic Godess are loaded with cheese and have cooked turkey sausages for a high-protein meal. They are quick and easy to prepare and just perfect for those busy mornings.
Recipe Notes for Keto Breakfast Biscuits
You can use Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream if you prefer.
If you find that organic almond flour is too expensive then it’s fine to use regular. It can be cheaper to buy it at a bulk food store.
The recipe contains 2 teaspoons of baking powder which may seem like a lot but it helps to make the biscuits light and fluffy because almond flour can be a little dense.
For the cooked turkey sausage you simply remove the raw turkey from the casing and cook it in a skillet until it’s no longer pink. Crumble it up with the edge of a wooden spoon. You can of course use pork sausage if you prefer.
It’s best to get a sharp-tasting Cheddar cheese which gives the biscuits a nice savory taste.
I have tweaked the ingredients slightly to include organic produce as it’s so much healthier for any diet as well as the keto diet.
I also recommend Redmond Real Sea Salt as it comes from ancient sea beds so is free from pollutants and plastic micro-fibers, although we are getting those from everywhere it seems.
For an alternative biscuit recipe try this Low Carb Biscuit Recipe with Olive & Rosemary.
If you need more inspiration for breakfast try these 5 Low Carb Breakfasts To Energize Your Day.
For a tasty turkey dish try this Low Carb Turkey Zucchini Skillet Recipe
Keto Breakfast Biscuits
- 3 cups organic almond flour
- ½ Redmond Real Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 4 large organic/pastured eggs
- ⅔ cup organic sour cream
- 1 lb cooked turkey sausage
- ½ cup melted grass-fed butter
- 1 cup organic, white cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF/ 200ºC
2. Line a baking sheet with non-bleached parchment paper, then set it aside.
3. Pace the almond flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl and combine with a hand whisk.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, and melted butter well.
5. Add the almond flour mixture and quickly mix it in well . Fold in the turkey sausage, cheddar cheese, and chives.
6. using an ice-cream scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. Bake until the keto breakfast biscuits develop a light golden texture. That should take about 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the garlic butter. Mix the garlic powder and butter in a small bowl
8. Once the biscuits are done, brush them with garlic butter.
9. Let the biscuits cool for at least five minutes before serving. They can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen.
Check out Sara Lynn’s video demo on how to prepare these keto breakfast biscuits.