Sure, there are lots of delicious low carb dinner recipes out there. But sometimes, due to our busy schedules, the last thing we want is to spend several hours in the kitchen preparing a delicious and healthy dinner after a whole day of work!
Thankfully, there are several easy-to-prepare dinner recipes out there that won’t take much of your time. For instance, this Low Carb Turkey Zucchini Skillet from Dani Spies over at Clean and Delicious requires only a 10-minute prep time and cooks in only 30 minutes. What’s more, this satisfying dinner recipe serves 4 – 6 people, so it’s perfect for the entire family!
As usual I have made a few tweaks to this recipe to make it even healthier. For example health experts are now saying that it’s best not to heat olive oil if you want it’s health benefits so I’ve suggested avocado oil in place of the original olive oil. Avocado oil has a higher smoke point so is not so easily damaged. You could also use coconut oil which is even safer.
I have suggested organic tomatoes as the regular ones get sprayed with pesticides and they are on EWG’s list of produce with high pesticide residue score. Zucchini have a low to moderate pesticide residue score so organic are best if you can get them.
Low Carb Turkey Zucchini Skillet
• 1 lb. ground free range turkey meat
• 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
• 1 chopped onion
• 1 tbsp. avocado or coconut oil
• 2 x 15 oz. cans of diced organic tomatoes
• 4 small to medium sized organic zucchini, chopped
• 4 – 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
• Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Heat a non-toxic non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Leave the ingredients to cook for a few minutes or until the onions start to appear translucent.
2. Place the onion and garlic on one side of the pan and add the ground turkey. Stir well using a spatula. Season with salt and pepper and make sure you break the meat into small pieces.
3. When the ground meat is cooked, combine it with the garlic and onions and stir.
4. Add the zucchini and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste then add the tomatoes. Mix well and leave to simmer for 15 to 30 minutes depending on how soft you wanted your zucchini to become.
5. Top with Parmesan and red pepper flakes if you wish and serve. This dish can be served with low carb broccoli rice or cauliflower rice.
Here’s the video of the recipe:
Looking for more tasty low carb dinner recipes?
Dinner in Five is a month’s worth of simple, delicious, low carb and high fat (ketogenic) dinner recipes that are each made with just 5 common ingredients and are up to 5 grams of net carbs! There’s simply nothing better than that. Click here to get it.
Turkey Zucchini Image by Clean and Delicious