This keto coffee cake will make you want to jump out of your bed fast and savor its rich aroma. But this cake is not like your usual carbo-loaded cake. It’s so much healthier and better!
Made with coconut flour, almond flour, and a zero carb sweetener, a slice of this keto cake is enough to satisfy your cravings without feeling guilty in the end. Plus, the crumbs on top will make you want to grab another slice!
The monk fruit sweetener, also known as Lo Han, used in this keto coffee cake comes from a green gourd. It’s so called because it was used by Buddhist monks in the 13th century.
This natural sweetener is about 150 times as sweet as sugar but contains zero calories and zero carbs and does not raise blood sugar or trigger insulin. It’s obviously a great alternative to sugar for people who are on a low carb diet like keto.
So here’s how to prepare this decadent treat from the Keto Chef.
Keto Coffee Cake Brunch Recipe
• ¼ cup coconut flour
• ¼ cup melted coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
• ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener
• ¼ cup non-dairy milk
• 2 teaspoon cinnamon
• ⅔ cup almond flour
• 4 organic eggs
• ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
• ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut flour
• 2 tablespoon cashew butter (use other nut butter if you prefer but not peanut butter)
• 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 C approx).
2. In a bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sweetener, and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Mix well until it produces a smooth consistency.
5. Grease the baking loaf pan and pour in the batter. Set aside while you prepare the crumb.
6. For the crumb, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, and cinnamon in a bowl.
7. Add the cashew butter and coconut oil. Use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients together.
8. Now, it’s time to assemble. Break up the crumb mixture and spread over the entire top of the batter that’s in the loaf pan.
9. Bake for up to 60 min. or insert a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.
10. Leave to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing carefully and serve!
11. You could spread the slices with some grass-fed butter if you like.
Here’s a video demo of the recipe which is taken from Eating Evolved:
Coffee cake image by Eating Evolved