One of the best things about going on a low carb diet is that you can still indulge in some of your favorite treats without ruining your diet. In fact, you’ll be delighted to find a wide variety of delicious low carb snacks and desserts that can satisfy your cravings.
Low carb Paleo Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies is just one of them. These cookies are made using homemade nut butter consisting of walnuts and cashews.
Both nuts, especially walnuts, are high in healthy fats and a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids. They are just perfect if you’re on the keto diet or other low carb diet. Check out the recipe below based on one from Lisa, the home cook, over at Low Carb Yum.
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 1 ½ cups organic walnuts
• ½ cup organic cashews
• 1 large organic egg
• 1 tsp. natural vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup low carb sweetener
• ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
• ½ tsp. cream of tartar
• ½ tsp. double acting gluten free baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon liquid Stevia
• ¼ tsp. baking soda
• 2 oz. sugar free dark chocolate
• Preheat oven to 350°F. (165°C approx)
• Using a food processor, process the cashews and walnuts until the oils are released and nut butter is produced.
• Place the nut butter in a bowl and add the sweeteners. Mix and add the vanilla extract, egg, salt, baking powder, and the rest of the ingredients. Combine the ingredients well.
• Next, chop your chocolate into small pieces and add to the cookie dough.
• Scoop the dough in balls onto a baking sheet that’s lined with a silicon mat. Gently flatten the dough into cookie shaped rounds with your fingers.
• Bake the cookies for up to 10 minutes or until they are browned and crisp.
• Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let the cookies cool completely.
Here’s a video showing you how to make these delicious gluten free, low carb cookies. Enjoy!
Want more low carb recipes? Check out the ones below: