We all know that breakfast is a very important meal. A good breakfast is definitely the perfect way to start your day. Unfortunately, skipping breakfast has become the norm in today’s fast-paced world. But not eating breakfast could actually wreck havoc to your health. In fact, it can make you gain weight! And if you’re on a low carb diet, then skipping breakfast will certainly not help you at all.
The solution? Look for low carb breakfast meals that you can prepare in only a few minutes, such as this 5-minute low carb smoothie bowl from Tasteaholics. This veggie and protein-based smoothie is not only packed with vitamins and minerals, but it’s also loaded with healthy fats and that’s exactly what you need if you’re on a ketogenic diet!
5-Minute Low Carb Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Smoothie Bowl Base
• 1 cup spinach
• 2 tbsp. heavy cream (organic preferably)
• 1 tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 scoop good quality low carb protein powder
• 2 ice cubes
• 1/2 cup almond milk
• 1 tbsp. shredded coconut
• 1 tsp. chia seeds
• 4 raspberries ( organic preferably)
• 4 walnuts
• Using a Nutribullet or any type of blender, blend the spinach, almond milk, coconut oil, cream and ice. Blend for a few seconds or until you achieve an even consistency.
• Next, pour the blended ingredients into your serving bowl.
• Arrange the toppings on top or throw everything in and mix.
Want more low carb recipes?
Click here to check out Keto in 5 Recipe Books
You get 120 low carb recipes – 30 breakfasts, 30 lunches, 30 dinners & 30 desserts! 5 is the limit of ingredients and grams of net carbs per serving for EVERY recipe!