One of the things that people on a keto diet often ask is whether they are allowed to eat chocolate or not. The answer is that it actually depends on the type of chocolate. Regular chocolate contains sugar so it not good to eat whatever diet you’re on.
Dark chocolate, on the other hand, contains cacao, which is high in antioxidants, and is usually low in sugar or an alternative natural sweetener.
This amazing chocolate keto fat bombs recipe is low in carbs and high in fat making it a great way to satisfy those chocolate cravings while on a keto diet. You can eat this as dessert, mid-afternoon snack, pre-workout snack or anytime during the day when you feel a craving for some chocolates!
Here’s the recipe from Eric Berg, DC, a chiropractor, who specializes in weight loss through nutritional and natural methods.
Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs Recipe
• 2 to 3 tbsp cocoa powder
• 3 tbsp powdered sweetener such as Xylitol, a fine powder. If the granules of your sweetener are too big, consider grinding them.
• 3/4 cup coconut oil
• 9 tbsp grass-fed melted butter
• 9.5 tbsp almond butter
• Combine all the ingredients together.
• Pour into molds and freeze.
• Store them in a container and refrigerate.
• If they get too soft when placed in the fridge, transfer them to the freezer.
Check out this video for the recipe:
Want more keto diet and low carb recipes? Check these out:
Brownies On A Low Carb Diet?
Vegan Keto Pesto Spaghetti with Mushrooms & Olives
3 Healthy Low Carb Alternatives to French Fries
Delicious Keto Lava Cake Recipe
Low Carb Broccoli Rice Versus Cauliflower Rice
Low Carb Zucchini Pasta With Avocado Sauce Recipe
Keto Pancakes with Berries
Image by Lucy Thompson