Butter Pecan Keto Ice Cream is probably the healthiest and easiest ice cream you will ever make. This ice cream recipe does not require any churning and there’s no need to use an ice cream machine! All you need is a large mason jar.
What’s more, it takes only 10 minutes to prepare. But the best part is that this delicious ice cream created by Joe Duff is absolutely keto-friendly. Each scoop contains less than 2 grams of net carbs. So, go ahead, treat yourself to a few scoops of this Butter Pecan Keto Ice Cream!
For other no churn ice cream flavors try these recipes:
Mason Jar Keto Strawberry Ice Cream recipe
Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
If it’s pecans you love then you have to try this Low Carb & Delicious Keto Pecan Pie Recipe or this Keto Coconut Cake with Pecans.
Related Reading: Best Nuts to Eat On Keto
To make this ice cream you need to have at least a 16 ounce size mason jar. A 24 ounce size would be better so you have more room for shaking it up.
This recipe only makes 3 generous scoops of keto butter pecan ice cream so if you want more than that then you can double the recipe.
It’s so soft, creamy and delicious that you won’t be able to stop eating it!
The recipe calls for the zero carb and zero calorie sweetener Allulose. If you’ve not come across this before I have written about it previously in this article. It’s made from corn so make sure you get one that’s non-GMO.
Allulose, as fine granules, is used in this recipe as well as confectioner’s Swerve it helps to prevent the ice cream setting rock hard in the freezer.
Butter Pecan Keto Ice Cream
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- 7 oz. organic heavy cream
- 3 tbsps. confectioners Swerve
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsps. salted grass-fed butter
- Seeds from ¼ of a vanilla bean
- 4 tbsps. Allulose
1. Crush the pecans in a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin. Then set them aside.
2. Next, cube the butter and put them in a small bowl. In another small bowl, add the confectioners swerve, then set them both aside.
3. Add the butter to a pan over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the crushed pecans and confectioners Swerve. Using a spatula mix the ingredients well until the mixture starts to caramelize. Leave it to cook until it turns dark amber. Set aside and leave to cool and set – 15-20 minutes.
4. When set start to make the ice cream. Into a mason jar, add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean.
5. Break up the butter pecan mixture into crumbly pieces. Place them into the mason jar and add the allulose.
6. Screw the mason jar lid on tightly and shake everything until the cream doubles in size. This should take about 1 to 2 minutes. Avoid over-shaking.
7. Once the cream is thickened, freeze for at least five hours. Then simply scoop out and enjoy! Will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months is there’s any left!
Here’s Joe’s video of how to prepare this Butter Pecan Keto Ice Cream.