Whether it’s Christmas, Halloween, or Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie has been a traditional dessert for most countries all over the world. Since pumpkins are easily available this fall, it’s the perfect time to bake a delicious pumpkin pie. This low carb pumpkin pie recipe by Mira over at My PCOS Kitchen is completely grain free and sugar free, which makes it ideal for a low carb keto diet.
Pumpkin pie may not be the first thing you’d think of when you want a low carb dessert but pumpkins are lower in carbs than most winter squashes. ½ cup of canned or mashed cooked pumpkin contains about 6 grams of net carbs. They are chock full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants so are ideal for a keto or Paleo diet.
Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Recipe
1 organic egg
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
2 tbsp. coconut oil, ghee, or grass-fed butter
280 g blanched almond flour
3 organic eggs
1 tsp. ginger ground
1 tsp. Stevia or 1 tsp. monk fruit powder
1.5 cups pumpkin puree or mashed squash
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
240 ml coconut cream or heavy cream
• Combine the almond flour, cinnamon, egg, fat of choice and salt in a bowl. Using a spatula, mix the ingredients well until the dough sticks together. Knead the dough with your hands until a ball starts to form.
• Place the dough on some parchment paper and cover with another sheet. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough over the paper until it forms a circle that’s around 10 – 11 inches. Peel the top paper and flip the dough onto a 9-inch pie plate. Make sure that all the sides are covered up. Peel the paper off the dough and trim the edges to make them neat.
• Preheat the oven to 200°C. (400°F )
• In another bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, stevia, cloves, ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg. Using a whisk, mix the ingredients well. Pour in the heavy cream or coconut cream and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Add the eggs one at a time while mixing the batter at the same time.
• Pour the batter to the pie plate and bake in the oven. Cook for up to 45 min.
• Take the pie out of the oven and leave to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Looking for more tasty low carb dessert recipes? Try these:
Even more in this Dessert In Five recipe book. You get a month’s worth of simple, delicious, low carb, keto dessert recipes that are each made with just 5 common ingredients and are up to 5 grams of net carbs! There’s nothing better than that.
Click here for more information