Keto chocolate cheesecake is a popular dessert among keto dieters, and it’s easy to see why. This decadent dessert tastes so good, yet it is almost carb-free. What’s more, it is so easy to prepare.
In fact, there’s no baking involved in this keto chocolate cheesecake recipe from Australian chef Rob Nixon of Nicko’s Kitchen. You just mix the ingredients, put the mixture in a cake tin, and leave it in the fridge overnight.
Even if this is the first time you are making a cheesecake, you can be sure of pulling it off with less effort!
If you love chocolate cheesecake you might also like this baked Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe . If you like other flavors then why not try these delicious cheesecakes listed below?
Chef Rob uses Natvia as the low carb sweetener in this recipe which is a mixture of organic stevia and erythritol. Stevia, as you might know, is about 300 times sweeter than regular sugar and comes from a plant and does not raise blood sugar.
Erythritol, while occurring naturally in fruit and vegetables, is usually manufactured by man. However the makers of Natvia claim that the erythritol used in their products is natural and comes from melons and/or grapes.
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol which is something to avoid if you happen to follow a FODMAP diet for a bowel issue. Some people find that eating too much of it can upset their digestive system. It is of course a zero carb sweetener.
Related reading: 4 Best Natural Low Carb Sweeteners
Their careful blending of the two substances does away with that bitter aftertaste you often get if you use stevia on its own. It also means that you can use Natvia one to one to replace regular sugar in recipes.
A 100 gram serving of this cheesecake contains 4 grams net carbs. It’s very satisfying but also very moorish. You have been warned!
Related reading: What Are Net Carbs And Why Are They Important?
I have, as usual, tweaked the recipe to include organic ingredients. If you are following keto or a low carb diet for its marvelous health benefits then it’s best to use organic ingredients if you can.
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- 100 grams or 3.5 ounces of organic sugar-free chocolate, grated
- 1 tablespoon of Natvia (Natural Stevia sweetener)
- 100 grams or 3.5 ounces of organic almond flour
- 30 grams or 2 ounces of grass-fed unsalted butter
- 100 grams or 3.5 ounces of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 100 grams or 7 ounces of organic sugar-free chocolate
- 225 grams or 8 ounces of softened organic cream cheese at room temperature
- 100 grams or 3.5 ounces of Natvia
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 155 grams or 5.5 ounces of organic heavy whipping Cream
1. Place the grated sugar-free chocolate into a bowl. Add the almond flour and shredded coconut. Give the ingredients a good mix until they are well combined.
2. Add the melted butter to the bowl and stir well until the ingredients stick together but are not too wet.
3. Line a round cake tin with baking paper and add the base crumb mixture to it pressing it down firmly. Refrigerate while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
4. Add the softened cream cheese to a stand mixer. Then add the stevia sweetener and the vanilla extract. Mix at low speed until the ingredients are well combined.
5. Next, add the cacao powder to the cream cheese mixture mixing in well before adding the heavy whipping cream. Beat the ingredients until they are well mixed and creamy.
6. Leave the stand mixer beating while you melt the sugar-free chocolate in a microwave or in a small glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add to the cheesecake mixture and mix in well. It should have a light and fluffy chocolate mousse texture.
7. Next, take the cake tin out of the fridge and spoon in the cheesecake mix. Smooth the ingredients and tap the tin several times to remove the air pockets. Then place the cake tin back into the fridge and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 to 6 hours.
8. Once your keto chocolate cheesecake is set, remove it from the cake tin and cut it with a warm knife before serving.
Here’s Rob’s video demo of this delicious keto chocolate cheesecake.