If you are looking for a keto chocolate dessert to satisfy your chocolate cravings, this low carb version of the Impossible Chocoflan cake would be perfect.
The original recipe is made using lots of refined sugar, white flour and sweetened condensed milk which wouldn’t do for a low carb or keto diet. This Keto version is made with almond flour and a low carb sweetener, so you can still fully commit to ketosis while getting your dessert fix.
Related reading: 4 Best Natural Low Carb Sweeteners
Related reading: What is Allulose Sweetener and is it Keto?
What’s unique about this keto chocolate dessert is that it’s cooked upside down, although the layers eventually flip during the process of baking. Magically, although the cake batter goes in first, when the cake is cooked it ends up on top! No wonder it’s also known as the “Magic cake”.
It’s preferably made in a non-toxic Bundt tin but you can make it in a regular round cake tin.
Most Bundt pans are non-stick and may be coated with a substance that release chemicals into the food. Ecolution Bakeins like this fluted tube cake pan have a non-stick coating that is BPA, PFOA and PTFE free so is preferable.
But don’t worry, it’s super easy to prepare and won’t take up much of your time. Here’s the recipe from a self-taught cook who goes by the name of Hungry Elephant.
The additions of organic eggs, grass-fed butter, organic cream and filtered water are mine. If you really want to be healthy then it’s better to use the best ingredients you can. They will contain more nutrients and fewer contaminants.
Love chocolate desserts? Why not try these low carb and keto recipes:
Delicious Keto Lava Cake Recipe
Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Decadent Low Carb Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Keto Chocolate Dessert
Makes about 12 slices
· 1 1/2 cups almond flour
· 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
· 2 tbsp. good quality cocoa powder
· 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
· 2 organic eggs
· 1/2 cup filtered water
· 1/4 cup organic sour cream
· 1/4 cup of grass-fed butter, melted
· 1/5 cup sugar substitute
· 1 tsp. natural vanilla extract
· 2 cups organic heavy cream
· 2/3 cups sugar substitute
· 4 organic eggs
· Butter (greasing)
· Hot water
· Sugar-free caramel sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C)\
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all the cake ingredients together.
3. In another bowl, mix all the ingredients for the flan.
4. Grease a Bundt pan with butter.
5. Pour a thin layer of the sugar-free caramel sauce into the bottom of the pan.
6. Next, pour in the cake batter. Make sure that it’s even.
7. Then pour the flan mixture over the cake batter.
8. Place the pan in a casserole dish and pour boiling water into the dish.
9. Cover the pan tightly with foil.
10. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for around 70 – 80 minutes.
10. Insert a toothpick into the cake to check if it’s done. When the toothpick comes out clean, then your keto chocolate dessert is already done!
11. Allow to cool down for a while then put in the fridge for an hour before turning out of the bundt tin and serving.
Here’s a video demo of this recipe: