Make your Christmas celebration even more festive with these mouthwatering Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins.
When the Christmas season comes, everyone seems to be craving pumpkin-flavored treats. One of the most delicious recipes that you can make with pumpkins is muffins.
Related reading: Can Keto Coffee Help You Lose Weight?
You will find plenty of pumpkin cheesecake muffins recipes out there, but for those who are following the ketogenic lifestyle, here’s a Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins recipe from Jennifer Banz to try.
They will only take about 10 minutes to prepare, and each muffin contains only 3 grams of net carbs.
Carbs in Pumpkin
You might be wondering how that is possible with pumpkin puree in the recipe. The answer is that although some varieties of squash are pretty high in carbs pumpkin is on the lower level of the scale. You just have to be careful how much of it you eat.
A cup of cooked pumpkin contains about 12 grams carbohydrate but as it contains 2.7 grams of fiber the net carbs is 9.3 grams.
Related reading: Best Carbs to Eat for Weight Loss
More Pumpkin Recipes
if you prefer blueberries then this Keto Blueberry Muffins Recipe would be just the ticket.
But if you are looking for some pumpkin recipes other than muffins then check out these Healthy Pumpkin Recipes which are suitable for low carb diets.
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated Lakanto sweetener
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp. natural vanilla
- 2 large organic/pastured eggs
- 8 oz. softened organic cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered Lakanto sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. (176°C approx)
2. Prepare a cup cake tin with muffin cases and spray the interiors with some good quality cooking spray.
3. For the cheesecake filling beat the cream cheese and powdered Sweetener together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Next, combine the almond flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and granulated Lakanto sweetener in a large bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Mix well until it becomes a smooth batter.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
6. Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the muffin batter. Use a toothpick to make a swirl pattern.
7. Place the keto pumpkin cheesecake muffins in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 min.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 min before serving.
Check out Jennifer’s video demo of how to prepare these mouthwatering keto pumpkin cheesecake muffins.