Just like other cruciferous veggies, Brussels sprouts contain low to moderate carbohydrates, which make them a perfect ingredient for a low carb or keto diet dish. So if you’re attending an event or hosting a party this holiday and you’re not sure what dish to bring, this Keto Spicy Brussels Sprouts Recipe would be perfect. It’s super easy to make and will surely become everyone’s favorite.
Brussels sprouts being a cruciferous vegetable contains substances which help with detoxification by inducing the Phase 2 liver detox enzymes. This is an important step in getting the toxic substances out of our bodies.
These days with so many toxic chemicals getting into our bodies from the air we breath, the water we drink, the food we eat and the products we use on our faces and bodies, and even the clothes we wear it’s vitally important that our detox system is well supported.
Brussels sprouts used to taste bitter and that’s why they got a bad name, plus of course they weren’t always cooked well. But modern breeds are much sweeter tasting. There are many recipes now for Brussels sprouts that make them taste delicious.
If you think you don’t like them then you have to try this super easy recipe from Hetal and Sejal of Easy To Keto. You can leave out the mango powder if you like and use a little lime or lemon juice instead after cooking.
Asafoetida is a pungent spice extracted from a plant of the giant fennel family and is often used in Indian and Middle Eastern cooking. Just leave it out if you don’t have it or can’t get it.
Super Easy Keto Spicy Brussels Sprouts
• 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon coriander powder
• 1 ½ teaspoon cumin powder
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ½ teaspoon dried mango powder
• ½ teaspoon red chili powder
• 1 ¼ teaspoon Himalayan Salt
• 3 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter) (use coconut or avocado oil instead if you like)
• 2 tablespoon crushed peanuts
• 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
• 1/8 teaspoon Asafoetida (Hing)
• 3 tablespoon Hemp Hearts (optional)
1. Combine the coriander, turmeric, cumin, red chili, dried mango and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Sprinkle the mixed powder ingredients over the Brussels sprouts and toss in order to coat them evenly.
3. Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. When hot, add the Asofoetida, sesame seeds, and crushed peanuts. Stir constantly and wait until the ingredients turn into a light golden brown color.
5. Add the Brussels sprouts and mix all ingredients well.
6. Cover the ingredients and cook until they are tender while stirring occasionally, allowing the Brussels sprouts to caramelize.
7. When the Brussels sprouts are tender, uncover the pan and continue to cook further until they are crisp.
8. Remove from heat. Sprinkle on the Hemp Hearts (optional).
9. Mix well and serve. Enjoy!
Here’s the video demo of the recipe:
Looking for more tasty low carb vegetable recipes? Try these:
Low Carb Zucchini Spaghetti with Tomato and Feta
Tasty Low Carb Broccoli Salad Recipe
Keto Vegan Pesto Spaghetti with Mushrooms & Olives
Low Carb Zucchini Pasta With Avocado Sauce Recipe
Image by Rudi Riet