This recipe for Keto Spicy Mixed Vegetables is a good tasty way to get more low carb vegetables into your keto diet. Vegetables tend to get neglected on keto diets but it’s important to include them for all the essential alkaline minerals. Read more about the Keto-Alkaline Diet here.
For those who love spicy foods, this Keto Spicy Mixed Vegetable dish by Mahnoor Fauzan is a great one to try. While there is a longish list of ingredients it is actually quite quick to put together once you have all the spices to hand.
Another spicy recipe for you to try is this Keto recipe for Cauliflower Makhani Bites
You can always get creative with this recipe and use your own favorite veggies. Of course, you need to make sure to stick with the low carb ones.
Related reading: Boost Your Weight Loss Efforts With Veggies
Keto Spicy Mixed Vegetables
• 1 cup Baby Eggplant (aubergine)
• 1 cup Bell Peppers (organic are best)
• 1 cup Cauliflower
• 2 – 3 cups of Garlic Cloves
• 1-inch Ginger
• 2 Green Chilies
• 1 Tomato
• 1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp. Onion Seeds
• 5 – 6 Curry Leaves
• ½ tsp. Garam Masala
• ½ Lemon Juice
• 1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
• 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
• 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
• Himalayan salt to taste
• 2 tbsp. avocado or coconut oil
1. Chop the eggplant, peppers into cubes and the cauliflower into florets.
2. Chop the tomatoes and green chilies into cubes. Slice the garlic and ginger into thin slices.
3. In a bowl, add the mustard seeds, onion seeds, and curry leaves. In another bowl, add the turmeric, red chili, coriander powder, and salt.
4. Heat the oil in a medium pot and cook the dry spices first. Once the spices start popping, add the curry leaves.
5. Next, add the ginger and garlic, and then the green chilies.
6. You can now add the vegetables. Those that require a much longer cooking time must be added first, such as the cauliflower. You can then add the eggplant and cover the pot to allow these vegetables to be cooked.
7. Next, add the tomato and bell peppers. Then pour the powdered spices into the pot and stir well.
8. Add the lemon juice and cover the pot to cook. Add the coriander leaves and stir well.
9. Once the water dries out, turn off the flame and sprinkle over the garam masala. Stir well before serving.
Here is Manoor’s video demo of the recipe. She loves to share her keto creations.