This keto vegetable soup is very flavorful and nutritious. It can make for a delightful, light, but filling lunch or dinner that’s guaranteed to be loved by the entire family, kids included!
While the classic vegetable soups are often made with potatoes, noodles, and other carbs, this keto vegetable soup is made from low carb vegetables. Feel free to switch up the recipe with low carb veggies of your choice.
If you are keeping to a very low amount of carbs then you can omit the carrots if you prefer.
This keto vegetable soup can be made in an Instant Pot if you have one. After adding all the ingredients apart from the parsley cook for 7 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then “quick release” the remaining pressure. Taste and add more seasoning if required.
I’ve tweaked the original recipe as usual to include organic vegetables. They are better for you if you can get them and find some within your budget.
Bell peppers, celery and tomatoes are on EWG’s Dirty Dozen list for 2021 for pesticide residue so it’s best to get these organic if you can. They have not produced one for 2022 yet.
Broccoli, cauliflower and onions are on the Clean Fifteen List. While zucchini are not on either list EWG states that if you want to avoid GMOs you should choose organic zucchini. As broccoli is on the Clean Fifteen List you could use broccoli instead of zucchini if you prefer.
Keto Vegetable Soup
Makes 10 servings approx.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or butter
- 1 medium sized chopped zucchini
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium sized diced onion
- 1 diced organic red bell pepper
- 2 diced organic stalks
- 1 medium-sized organic peeled and diced carrot
- 10 oz organic cauliflower florets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 cup canned organic tomatoes
- 8 cups low sodium organic chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- Himalayan or Redmond Real Sea Salt (optional)
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Organic parsley, chopped for garnishing (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- When hot add the diced pepper and onions and cook until the onions are soft and tanslucent which could take up to 10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Next, add the remaining vegetables.
- Add the broth, the bay leaves and Italian seasoning.
- Place a lid on the pan and let the mixture simmer for up to 20 minutes on a medium-low heat until the carrots and cauliflower are tender.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with some chopped parsley before serving. Enjoy!
Check out this video on how to prepare this Keto vegetable soup.