This low carb recipe for coffee flour fat bombs is one way of using this latest superfood flour. Coffee flour is one of the latest flour alternatives to hit the market recently.
Related reading: What is Coffee Flour and is it Keto?
This gluten free flour is made from the discarded coffee cherry pulp and is said to be loaded with nutritional benefits.
Recently studies have shown that an extract of coffee berries can increase brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), This is good news because researchers have discovered that those with the highest BDNF levels had a 50% reduction in Alzheimer’s disease risk.
Dr Perlmutter, Board-Certified Neurologist and author, says this about coffee fruit extract:
It contains chemicals called procyanidins which are known to protect brain cells, as well as a unique profile of polyphenols that may well relate to its ability to raise BDNF so dramatically.
So, adding coffee flour to you diet is an excellent thing to do. It’s know that diet and lifestyle plays a huge part in preventing Alzheimer’s and other dementias and it’s never too early to start protecting your brain.
Having only 1 gram of net carbs for every tablespoon, this flour is a great ingredient to use for your keto-friendly desserts. These Low Carb Coffee Flour Fat Bombs make a great keto snack.
Coffee flour has a combination of bitter and tart flavor, which makes for a perfect treat. These fat bombs based on a recipe by Carly Sullivan are also made with other keto-friendly ingredients, such as cacao, coconut, nuts, and seeds.
Related reading: A Quick Guide to Keto Fat Bombs
Coffee Flour Fat Bombs
• 1 cup almonds
• ½ cup macadamia nuts
• 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
• 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
• 2 tablespoon coffee flour
• 1/4 cup cacao powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
• 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
• 3 tablespoons melted cacao butter
• 3 tablespoons coconut butter, softened and melted
• 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
• Stevia to taste
• 1 scoop Perfect Keto collagen (optional)
1. In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the macadamia nuts, almonds, hemp seeds, and sunflower seeds. Pulse until they are finely chopped.
2. Add the coffee flour, collagen if using, cacao powder, and Himalayan salt. Pulse a couple times more to combine all ingredients.
3. Add the coconut oil, cacao butter, coconut butter, vanilla, and stevia. Blend until the ingredients start to clump together. Taste the mixture. Add more stevia if you want it sweeter.
4. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Using a scoop, scoop the mixture and shape them into balls, similar to the size of a ping-pong ball.
5. Place in the fridge and leave to chill for an hour.
7. Any leftover fat bombs can be stored in an lidded container in the fridge for a couple of weeks but I doubt they’ll remain there that long!