Pizzas are among those foods that people on a low carb diet tend to avoid. But what they didn’t know is that there are plenty of low carb pizza recipes out there that taste just as good as the real thing.
For example, these low carb pizza pockets are made from almond flour, which contains only 10g of net carbs in every cup. So, it’s absolutely ideal if you are on a low carb diet like the keto diet or just thinking of following the diet. What’s more, these pizza pockets are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, bacon, and tomato paste, which make them really irresistible! Check out the recipe below by Kalie Stephan from The Hungry Elephant.
Low Carb Pizza Pockets Recipe
• 3/4 cups almond flour
• 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
• Tomato paste (no sugar)
• Feta cheese
• Green onions, or any of your favorite pizza toppings
1. Put your non-toxic, non-stick pan on low heat.
2. Heat the almond flour with the mozzarella cheese. Make sure you stir them consistently until such time that a dough is formed.
3. Roll the dough flat. Use a cookie cutter to form circles out of the dough about 6 inches in diameter. You can also use a bowl for this if you don’t have a cookie cutter.
4. Place one tablespoon of tomato paste in the middle. Add the mozzarella cheese, bacon and green onions, or any of the toppings that you prefer.
5. Using your fingers or a small pastry brush put a little water along the edges then fold the dough over the filling into a semi circle to make a “pocket” and press the edges of the dough together to seal well.
6. Brush the top of the dough with avocado oil. (better than olive oil which should not really be heated) Place them on a cookie sheet that’s lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 min or until such time that they become nicely brown.
8. Eat as a snack, with a green salad or some low carb vegetables. Enjoy!
Here’s the video instructions:
Looking for more low carb/keto recipes? This FREE Keto Cookbook is packed with 100+
delicious keto recipes covering everything from breakfast to dinner to snacks and of course desserts!. Every recipe is designed to help you feel energized, regain your health and lose weight.