Just because you’re following the keto diet does not mean you can no longer indulge with friends on the Super Bowl weekend. These Keto Rolls and Sliders by Kevin Curry of Fit Men Cook are made with almond flour so they are low in carbs. Yet, they are so satisfying that even those who don’t follow the low carb diet will love them.
You can choose to customize them with your favorite herbs and spices to make them even more suitable to your liking!
I’ve taken the liberty of adjusting the recipe a little to make this dish even healthier. For example I don’t think it’s a good idea to microwave food. In the original recipe Kevin heats the cheeses in a microwave. I know it’s only for a minute but some researchers say that fats and proteins are altered when you microwave them.
I also recommend you use organic eggs and organic cheese if possible. Organic eggs are higher in Omega 3 fats and cheese made from organic milk is higher in nutrients and free from pesticides.
I am suggesting that you use Himalayan salt or other salt that has come from ancient sea beds because regular sea salt is likely to contain plastic fibers. No one know the effect of those on you yet. I don’t like the idea of eating plastic do you?
I’ve also posted a round up of more delicious keto super bowl recipes that you and your friends can feast on while watching the game.
Keto Rolls and Sliders
Keto Low-Carb Rolls
• 1 organic egg
• 1 tbsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. dried chives
• 168g shredded mozzarella cheese (organic if possible)
• 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary
• 4.5-ounces almond flour
• 4-oz cream cheese (organic if possible)
1. Turn your oven on and set it to 350°F (175°C approx)
2. Combine all the dry ingredients together (almond flour, baking powder, fresh rosemary, and dried chives). Set aside.
3. Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a small pan and heat gently over low heat for a minute or two until melted. Once they are melted, mix well until it produces a smooth texture. Add the egg then mix again.
4. Add the butter and cheese mixture to the almond flour. Mash the ingredients until they form into a dough. Wrap the dough in parchment paper, place in a plastic bag and put in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Then, remove the dough from the fridge and place on a surface that’s dusted with almond flour.
6. Divide the dough into eight rolls. Apply a little olive oil in your hands and roll each dough to form into a ball.
7. Place the balls on a baking tray that’s lined with parchment paper. Bake for up to 20 min or until they are golden brown.
Thyme Burger Sliders
• 1 1/4lb 90% ground bison (or grass-fed beef)
• 1 tbsp. minced garlic
• 2 tsps. thyme
• Himalayan salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix the seasonings with the ground meat.
2. Shape the meat into small patties.
3. Set your non toxic, nonstick skillet on medium heat and grease with coconut oil or avocado oil. Fry the patties until done to your liking.
4. Slice the low carb rolls you have prepared earlier and place each patty in the middle.
Here’s a video demo for making the Keto Rolls and Sliders: