This winter, the best way to warm up is with a big bowl of delicious soup! If you’re looking for low carb soup options, this Low Carb Vegetable Soup Recipe by Jolene Sloam, an advocate of the keto diet, is a great idea! It’s absolutely delicious and easy to prepare. In fact, it only requires six basic ingredients.
You can use other low carb vegetables and add cream, cheese or even some left over turkey or chicken if you like. Have it prior to your meal or make it into a meal! Either way, this low carb soup will surely make for an ultimate comfort food this winter season!
Related reading: What Are the Best Low Carb Vegetables?
Low Carb Vegetable Soup Recipe
• 1 washed, trimmed and chopped Leek
• 1 chopped Broccoli head (organic is best)
• 2 chopped Zucchinis
• 2 vegetable stock cubes (organic if you can get them)
• Coconut Oil or grass fed butter for frying
• Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil or butter over medium heat.
2. When the oil or butter is melted add the leek. Cook until softened.
3. Add the chopped zucchinis and broccoli head.
4. Season with salt and pepper or any seasoning of your choice.
5. Cook until everything is softened and beginning to brown a little.
6. Add the stock cubes and add enough filtered water so that the vegetables are covered. Bring to a boil.
7. Lower the heat, cover the pan and leave to simmer for up to 20 minutes or until such time that all the vegetables are softened and the soup is cooked to your liking.
8. Serve it as it is or cool a little and blend it if you have a blender.
8. Serve with cream or cheese if you like.
Here’s Jolene’s video demo of this recipe:
You might like these soup recipes too:
Looking for even more low carb recipes? The Keto In Five gives you 120 low carb recipes – 30 breakfasts, 30 lunches, 30 dinners & 30 desserts! 5 is the limit of ingredients and grams of net carbs per serving for EVERY recipe!