Broccoli is a great vegetable to add to your keto diet as it is absolutely low in carbs. For every 1/2 cup, broccoli contains only 2 grams of net carbs! It’s also high in fiber and protein and will keep you full longer, which prevents you from overeating.
The best part about this keto broccoli fritters recipe from Shraddha of 5 Minute Recipes is that it’s so easy to make and uses only four ingredients. Above all, these fritters taste so good that even those who hate broccoli will love them!
Health Benefits of Broccoli
Broccoli is a fantastic vegetable to eat on the keto diet because it’s so good for detoxification. Broccoli and other brassicas such as cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and cabbage stimulate both Phase 1 and II liver detox enzymes.
This is good because excess toxins that get into your body are stored in fat cells and can be released from them as the fat in them is turned into ketones. Having a good functioning detox system is important so the toxins can be eliminated from your body.
Related reading: What Are Keto Diet Ketones?
Broccoli is full of fiber which is good when you are following a low carb or keto diet because these diets can cause constipation if you are not careful to include a lot of low carb
vegetables that contain fiber.
Related reading: Keto Diet Constipation : How To Combat It
It’s also supplies a good range of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. 1 cup of broccoli supplies 2.6 grams protein. Some researchers have speculated that the antioxidants may help prevent heart disease.
It’s such a healthy veg that it’s been called a superfood! Plenty of good reasons to eat more of it. Even if you don’t like the taste of broccoli you may like these fritters because the cheese disguises the taste.
Paneer is an Indian unaged cheese that’s made from curdled milk. It’s said on many sites to be like cottage cheese but it’s not like that at all. Paneer is a soft but firm cheese that can be cut into squares.
For this recipe it has to be grated and you could not do that with cottage cheese could you so it’s not the same at all.
If you can’t get paneer or don’t want to use it then you can use another cheese. They will be just as good.
More broccoli recipes
If you like fritters then you will almost certainly like these Keto Zucchini Fritters with Goat Cheese and Yogurt Sauce.
Keto Broccoli Fritters
- 1 cup broccoli
- ½ cup paneer ( Indian cheese )
- ¼ cup almond flour
- Redmond Real Salt to taste
- Avocado oil
1. Trim and wash the broccoli and dry off with a kitchen towel or simply leave it to dry. You can keep any stalks for making soup.
2. Chop the broccoli finely.
3. Grate the paneer.
4. Place the chopped broccoli, grated paneer, almond flour, and salt in a large bowl and mix well. You could also do this in a food processor.
5. Form the mixture into small balls and place them on a plate.
6. Put a little avocado or coconut oil in a frying pan and heat.
7. Flatten the broccoli balls a little with the palm or your hands.
8. Fry them gently until they are golden brown on the bottom side before flipping them over to brown the other side.
9. Serve with some Greek yogurt or guacamole. Enjoy!
Here’s Shraddha’s video demo of how to prepare these delicious keto broccoli fritters.