These keto zucchini fritters are the perfect low-carb snack or side for followers of the ketogenic diet. Each medium-sized zucchini contains only 3 grams of net carbs, making it a great vegetable to incorporate into your keto meal plans.
Zucchini, known as courgette in the UK, is a very versatile low carb vegetable and can be made into zoodles, fries, bread, and more. So if you fancy something a bit different while on the keto diet this keto zucchini fritters recipe from Lisa, recipe creator and blogger at Downshiftology, would be ideal.
The fritters turn out very crispy and make a very satisfying snack, especially when you top them with the creamy garlic and chive yogurt sauce. You can of course serve them as a starter or as a vegetable with a chicken or fish.
If goat’s cheese does not appeal to you you can use parmesan cheese instead or leave the cheese out altogether for a dairy free version.
Make sure you use Greek yogurt for the sauce because it’s thicker than regular yogurt and will make the sauce nice and creamy.
When cooking the fritters make sure you don’t cook too many at one time or they will cool the oil too much and they won’t crisp up so well.
For a change you can serve with them with a different sauce. A spicy tomato based sauce is very nice with them.
You can freeze the fritters in a suitable container for up to 2 months. Thaw the fritters overnight in the fridge and bake them in the oven at 375°F (190°C) for 10-15 minutes, until warmed through.
Other zucchini recipes you might like:
Yummy Low Carb Zucchini Fries
Low Carb Zucchini Spaghetti with Tomato and Feta
Low Carb Zucchini Pasta With Avocado Sauce Recipe
Keto Shrimp Scampi – with Zucchini Noodles
Keto Zucchini with Garlic – Easy & Tasty Recipe
Keto Zucchini Fritters
Makes about 10 fritters
- 1 1/2 lb. zucchini, roughly 2-3 medium to large Zucchini
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 finely diced shallot
- 2 beaten organic pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
Garlic, Chive Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
1. Grate the zucchini into a bowl and sprinkle with salt to draw out moisture. Mix well and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
2. Next, using a nut milk bag or cheesecloth squeeze out the liquid from the zucchini and place in a clean bowl.
3. Add the shallot, eggs, goat cheese, almond flour and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together well.
4. Place oil in a large pan and heat over medium heat. Spoon mounds (approximately 1/4 cup) of the fritter mixture into the hot oil to form round patties. Flatten them a little with a spatula. Take care not to overcrowd the pan.
5. Fry each side of the fritters for 3 to 4 min or until they turn into a light golden brown color.
6. Remove the cooked fritters from the pan. Place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
7. Next, combine the ingredients of the garlic chive yogurt sauce in a bowl. Stir well until it becomes creamy.
8. Serve the keto zucchini fritters and top with the creamy garlic chive yogurt sauce.
Check out Lisa’s video demo of how to cook these delicious keto zucchini fritters.