Keto garlic chicken is one of those recipes that you’ll come across when looking for tasty meals to cook while on keto. It’s delicious and filling and has all the right ingredients to help you stay in ketosis.
This one pan dish is so easy to make and won’t take up too much of your time. You can serve it with cauliflower rice, low-carb pasta, or zucchini noodles.
If you’re inviting some friends over for the weekend, this keto garlic chicken from Foodiy is a great dish to prepare. Even if they are not on the diet, you can guarantee that they will love this delectable dish.
After all it’s a dish that is enjoyed by people who are not on any particular diet and it just happens to be suitable for followers of the keto diet as well.
The keto garlic chicken dish is very versatile. You can easily use chicken thighs instead of breast or even add other ingredients such as red pepper, onions, or spinach to make a change and switch it up a bit. For a different flavor you could add different seasoning.
I have tweaked the recipe a little as I have a habit of doing to make it healthier. The original recipe used olive oil for frying the chicken but I suggest you use avocado oil instead.
The reason for this is that olive oil has a lower smoke point than avocado oil and it’s health benefits can be destroyed when heated. Some experts say that olive oil should not be heated to temperature above 180C (356F). It’s hard to know when frying food what temperature the pan reaches but experiments show it can reach 200C or 400F.
I’ve also suggested you use organic and pastured or at least free range chicken as it is better nutritionally than commercially produced chicken.
Generally, organic produce is more nutritious than regular produce. While broccoli is on EWG’s Clean 15 list, spinach and tomatoes figure on their Dirty Dozen list so it’s better to use organic if you can.
For another chicken and broccoli recipe you might like this Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole which is baked in the oven.
And, if you’re looking for a salad try this Tasty Low Carb Broccoli Salad Recipe.
Keto Garlic Chicken with Broccoli
- 1 lb. pastured/organic boned and skinned chicken breast, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsps. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Redmond real salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3 – 4 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cups chopped organic tomatoes
- 2 cups organic broccoli florets
- ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (you can also use cheddar or parmesan)
- 2 cups organic baby spinach (optional)
- 4 oz. organic cream cheese
1. Heat the avocado oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add the chicken breasts to the pan together with the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
3. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is properly cooked.
4. Stir in the garlic and cook the mixture for one more minute. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, then add the broccoli florets, spinach, cream cheese, and the shredded cheese.
5. Cook for 3 to 4 min. or until the broccoli is cooked through.
6. Serve with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
Here’s a video demo of this keto garlic chicken recipe: