Looking for a keto chocolate chip cookies recipe? Just because you are following a low carb diet like keto doesn’t mean you can no longer indulge in some treats.
Related reading: 5 Top Tips for Getting Started on a Low Carb Diet
Related reading: 5 Healthy Snacks That Kill Sugar Cravings
These delicious cookies are made chewy by using almond flour and beef gelatine which are perfect for your low carb diet.
Aside from the almond flour, this low carb recipe uses several other keto-friendly ingredients such as low carb chocolate chips and butter (preferably grass-fed butter) for that delicious flavor.
The chocolate chips I must point out have to be a low carb sweetened variety or the cookies will not taste sweet enough and you would have to add another low carb sweetener.
Lily’s chocolate chips are sweetened with stevia and are low carb, Paleo, vegan and GMO free.
Related reading: 4 Best Natural Low Carb Sweeteners
With these ingredients, you can indulge in these delectable cookies without feeling any guilt! Meghan says each cookie contains less than 2 grams net carbs.
Your guests will never know that they are not made with regular flour and sugar but they will be so much healthier.
These cookies store well in the freezer so you can make a batch ahead of time so you have some in readiness for any occasion.
Other chocolate treat recipes
If you prefer nutty cookies then check out this recipe for Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
Another delicious chocolate treat is this Low Carb Chocolate Seed Treat Recipe
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Makes 16 – 20 cookies
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
1 large organic egg
1 tbsp. beef gelatin powder
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. natural Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup melted grass-fed butter
1/2 cup Erythritol
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C approx)
2. Use two baking sheets and line each with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, add the almond flour, gelatin, baking powder, and erythritol. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Use a whisk to mix the wet ingredients well.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two batches. Combine well with each addition.
6. Fold the chocolate chips into the cookie batter.
7. Use a cookie scooper or spoon and scoop out the cookie batter onto the baking sheets. You should be able to produce 20 cookies from this Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe.
8. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for about 15 min or until they are golden brown. Take care not to overcook.
9. Leave the cookies to cool for about 20 min before eating. Enjoy!
10. Store any leftovers in the freezer.
Check out Meghan’s video demo of this Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Cookie image by The Thrills They Yield