Avocado is great if you’re on the keto diet and makes a great addition to a keto green smoothie. It’s one of the healthiest low carb fruits loaded with vitamins and minerals. Aside from fiber, potassium, and folate, it’s also rich in Vitamins C, E, K and Vitamin B1, B2 and a whole lot of B-vitamins! Having net carbs of only 2 grams in every 100 grams, avocado is definitely on top of the list of acceptable foods for a ketogenic diet.
Making a smoothie out of avocados is a great way to jumpstart your day. Packed with superfoods, this keto green smoothie with blueberries and avocado is a great breakfast option for those on a keto diet. Since it’s low in carbs and high in healthy fats, potassium and magnesium, this smoothie recipe from Elizabeth Krenke can also help to prevent keto flu.
Want even more healthy and delicious low carb smoothie recipes? There’s 40 Delicious Low Carb and Keto Smoothie Recipes in this brand new recipe ebook.
Keto Green Smoothie with Blueberries and Avocado
• 1 ½ cups of coconut water
• 1-tablespoon organic chia seeds
• 2 cups of organic kale or spinach
• 1-cup organic frozen blueberries
• 1 whole small avocado or half a large avocado
• 3 to 4 pcs of ice cubes (optional)
• Following the order list above, place all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
• Blend at high speed for one minute. If you want your smoothie to have a thicker consistency, use less of the coconut water or add more blueberries. But if you prefer a thinner consistency, use more liquid. Just don’t skimp on the blueberries.
• Pour into your serving glass and enjoy.
If you want to see how this smoothie is being prepared in action, check out the video below:
Want more Keto friendly recipes?
Delicious Keto Lava Cake Recipe
Low Carb Zucchini Pasta With Avocado Sauce Recipe