If you’re craving for some Thai food and you’re following the keto diet, one of the recipes that you should try is this keto recipe, Easy Cashew Chicken. This recipe is so easy to prepare – no special work needed and all ingredients are easy to find!
It is perfect for lunch or dinner and you can eat it on its own or preferably with with a cup of cauliflower or broccoli rice!
So here’s the recipe from Megha Barot who realized that her results from the keto diet were too good not to share. It is of course suitable for a low carb diet even if you have not gone as low carb as the ketogenic diet.
I have added a couple of my own tweaks as usual to make the recipe even healthier. For example, organic chicken is best if you can get it and it’s best to use organic peppers as regular ones are on EWG’s list of foods with the most pesticide residue.
I also recommend Himalayan salt as the majority of regular sea salt now contains plastic fibers. Only sea salt that comes from ancient sea beds would be plastic fiber free.
Keto Recipe | Easy Cashew Chicken
• 3 free range or organic chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
• 2 tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp. minced garlic
• 1 tbsp. sesame oil
• 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
• 1 tbsp. green onions
• 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
• 1/2 medium-sized organic green bell pepper
• 1 1/2 tbsp. liquid aminos (you could use coconut aminos here, organic if possible)
• 1/2 tbsp. sugar free chili garlic sauce
• 1/4-cup raw cashews
• 1/4 medium white onion
• Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the pan on low. Add the cashews and lightly toast them for up to 8 minutes or until they begin to appear light brown and produce a fragrant smell. Do not allow to become too brown. Remove the nuts and set aside.
2. Dice the chicken into about one-inch pieces. Chop the onions and pepper to about the same size as the chicken.
3. Add the coconut oil to the pan and heat to medium high
4. Once the oil is heated, add the chicken chunks and cook through for about 5 minutes stirring from time to time to cook an all sides.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, add the pepper, garlic, onions, chili garlic sauce, and the rest of the seasonings, including the salt, pepper, and ginger. Allow to cook gently for up to 2 – 3 minutes more
6. Pour in the liquid aminos and the rice wine vinegar. Add the cashews and cook on slightly higher heat, allowing the liquid to reduce down until it develops a sticky consistency. There shouldn’t be any excess liquid upon completing the cooking.
7. Remove the chicken and serve in a bowl. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Looking for more easy low carb chicken recipes? Try these:
Here’s a video demo of the recipe.
Image by KetoConnect