If you’re following a low carb diet, you are most likely missing some of your favorite desserts, such as a the triple chocolate cake. Thankfully, there’s a low carb version of this delectable chocolate cake.
Related reading: Keto Holiday Desserts – Easy and Delicious
While the original recipe uses regular flour and contains lots of sugar, this version from Liezel uses almond flour, keto-friendly sweeteners, unsweetened cocoa powder and chocolate sweetened with stevia.
Related reading: How Ketosis Works for Burning Fat Faster?
If chocolate is your weakness then you will probably love this Keto Chocolate Brownie Recipe with Coconut or these Keto Chocolate Cupcakes with Coffee Icing. These keto and low carb Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are very tasty too.
Zero Carb Sweetener
For the zero carb sweetener you could use Anthony’s Allulose Sweetener. It’s keto friendly organic and gluten free. If you don’t already know about this sweetener I have written about it in this article of you want to find out more.
Related reading: What is Allulose Sweetener and is it Keto?
Low Carb Chocolate
For the chocolate to grate on top of the cake you could use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Bar sweetened with stevia, a zero carb sweetener.
For the melted chocolate to drizzle over the top of the cake I suggest using Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Chips which are also sweetened with stevia.
Liezel doesn’t show how she melts the chocolate but there are a number of ways of doing it. Some use a microwave but if, you like me, don’t have one then you can simply put the chocolate chips in a small glass bowl and place it over a small pan of barely simmering water. Simply stir until they are melted but don’t let the chocolate get too hot.
I have tweaked the original ingredients to include organic versions where possible which are healthier as they contain more essential nutrients and antioxidants.
Triple Chocolate Cake
- ½ cup organic almond flour
- ¼ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 large organic/pastured egg
- ⅓ cup plain organic Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp zero carb sweeteners
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- pinch of Redmond Real Sea Salt
Chocolate Butter Cream
- 2 tbsp zero carb sweeteners
- 100 grams of unsalted organic grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- Unsweetened organic chocolate and melted chocolate for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F/180°C.
2. Prepare a 3″ cake tin by greasing and lining it with non-bleached parchment paper.
3. Add all wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk together well.
4. Add the dry ingredients amd mix well again.
5. Pour the batter into the pan.
6. Bake for 30 min at 180°C.
7. Once the triple chocolate cake is cooked, leave it to cool completely.
8. While the cake is baking prepare the chocolate buttercream. Whisk together the unsalted butter and powdered sweetener in a clean mixing bowl until well combined and fluffy.
9. Add the cocoa powder, and whisk again until the ingredients are well combined.
10. Slice the cooled cake into two horizontally across the middle. Spoon about a third of the buttercream on top of the first layer, then top with the second layer. Cover the entire cake with remaining chocolate buttercream.
11. Grate some of an unsweetened chocolate bar over the top and drizzle with some melted chocolate in a criss cross pattern.
12. Transfer the triple chocolate cake onto a serving plate and enjoy!
Here’s Liezel’s video demo of this delicious low carb triple chocolate cake recipe.