This cauliflower pizza crust recipe for keto is among the healthiest and tastiest low-carb pizza crusts that anyone can prepare. It tastes just like a real pizza crust but without the unhealthy carbs.
Made with cauliflower, egg, and Parmesan cheese, this cauliflower pizza crust recipe is guaranteed not to kick you out of ketosis.
Health benefits of cauliflower
Cauliflower is one of the best low carb vegetables that you can eat. I’ve mentioned before in previous articles that being a brassica cauliflower is good for your liver. It contains constituents that activate both Phase 1 and Phase II detoxification enzymes which help to protect you from toxins.
Although I have tweaked the recipe ingredients to include organic cauliflower for the better nutrient content it is actually on EWG’s Clean Fifteen list of pesticides in food which I found surprising.
It’s always best to eat organic produce if you can especially if the food is on EWG’s dirty dozen list. One of the benefits of a ketogenic lifestyle is that it can help to eliminate toxins that get stored in fat cells.
Pizza sauce and toppings
As for the sauce and toppings, you can use any low carb of keto friendly pizza sauce such as this Botticelli Premium Italian Keto Pizza Sauce or your favorite home made one. Whatever you use make sure it is sugar free, sweetened without any artificial sweeteners and does not contain any artificial additives.
Toppings can be any low carb item you like such as more cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, chorizo or pepperoni slices, peppers, onions, Jalapeno, olives, shredded chicken, spinach, zucchini, broccoli florets, and herbs.
To guarantee the best results, it’s highly recommended that you use only fresh cauliflower instead of frozen. Also, be very careful not to include large pieces of cauliflower in the mixture.
A cauliflower pizza crust will not rise like regular flour pizzas because it’s gluten free and has no yeast in the mix. The crust will not be crisp like a regular thin dough pizza, but it will not fall apart like some cauliflower pizza recipes and it will taste delicious like a regular pizza.
Like cauliflower recipes? Try these:
Here’s the recipe from Chef Buck, a professional cook.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
- 2 cups of grated fresh organic cauliflower
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- Pizza sauce, low carb, keto friendly of your choice like this one
- Pizza topping of your choice
1. Grate the cauliflower florets into small granules.
2. Heat the grated florets in a skillet over medium heat. Stir the cauliflower well until it is dried out. It will not dry completely, but it’s better if it’s dryer.
3. Remove from the skillet and leave to cool.
4. To prepare the cauliflower pizza crust, start by beating the egg in a bowl. Then add the grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Add the egg and Parmesan to the cauliflower and mix well to produce the dough.
6. Spread parchment paper into a baking sheet.
7. Place the cauliflower dough on it and spread out into a round pizza shape about 10″ diameter and about 1/4 inch thick
8. Put the pizza crust into the oven that’s preheated at 400°F (200°C) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add Your Favorite Pizza Toppings and Finish Cooking:
9. Remove cauliflower pizza crust from the oven and top with your favorite pizza sauce. Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
10. Put back in the oven at the same temperature and cook for about 10 minutes until the toppings are done. Make sure the edges of the cauliflower crust do not darken too much.
11. Remove the pizza from the oven and set on a cooling rack –or don’t– this step isn’t make or break.
Here’s a video of this recipe: