This Keto Chicken Casserole is one of those keto meals that can help to add protein to your keto diet. As you know, most low carb diets including keto encourage you to eat moderate amounts of protein which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied preventing those sweet cravings.
Related reading: How A Low Carb Diet Keeps Your Appetite Under Control
Poultry is a good source of protein and contains essential nutrients like potassium, selenium, zinc, and B vitamins. Organic chicken will contain even more nutrients so it’s best to buy that if you can. If not then free range is the next best thing.
The same applies to bacon. Look for bacon from organic pigs or high-quality pastured varieties. What your pig ate matters. Most of them eat garbage!. They are often fed eat moldy grains contaminated with a mycotoxin.
You can find out more about mycotoxins in this article I wrote about mold in coffee.
What’s great about this Keto Chicken Casserole recipe from Craig Clarke of Ruled.me is that it’s so easy to prepare. (He calls it a stew but people are searching online for chicken casserole). You simply throw everything into a slow cooker and you can leave it there gently cooking for hours.
Looking for more keto or low carb chicken recipes? Try these:
Easy Low Carb Pesto Chicken and Asparagus Recipe
Low Carb Chicken Chili Soup Recipe
Low Carb Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
Easy Keto Cashew Chicken
Delicious Keto Chicken Salad
Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Keto Thai Grilled Chicken Recipe
The recipe makes a total of 5 x 1 cup servings and each serving contains 17.5g fat but with only 4.42g net carbs, which is exactly what you need for a keto diet.
Keto Chicken Casserole
• 1 cup of chicken broth (organic if possible)
• 1 lb. raw chicken tenders (organic if possible)
• ½ tsp. dried basil
• ½ tsp. dried oregano
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
• ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
• ¼ tsp. dried thyme
• 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter
• 2 whole bay leaves
• 24 oz. whole white button, cremini or baby bella mushrooms
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 8 slices grass-fed, bacon, cooked and chopped
• Himalayan salt
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Wash the mushrooms well and cut the chicken tenders into bite size pieces.
2. Place the button mushrooms in the slow cooker.
3. Add the chicken tenders, oregano, basil, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low setting for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Add the butter and the whipping cream. Mix in well.
5. Taste your Keto Chicken Casserole and add more salt and pepper if needed. Top with parsley and crumbled bacon before serving.
Here’s a video demo of the recipe: