These keto chicken fritters are the perfect appetizers for those following a low carb diet. Full of flavor, these chicken fritters are made with delectable cheddar cheese, almond flour, egg, and some seasonings.
You can serve them with your favorite low-carb sauce or dressing, such as Ranch or bleu cheese. These keto chicken fritters from Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food are super easy to make and are guaranteed to delight everyone, even those who are not following the keto diet.
Most recipes you see for chicken fritters or patties call for chopped chicken but this recipe works best if you use ground chicken. The problem with using chopped chicken in this recipe is that they tend to fall apart which you don’t want.
Carolyn suggests using a sharp tasting cheddar cheese like Cabot. This is not available in the UK but Extra Mature Cheddar would make a good alternative.
These fritters can be served as an appetizer but there is not reason why you couldn’t have them as a main course. In this case you could make them a little bigger.
Cooking with olive oil
I’ve changed the olive oil to avocado oil in the ingredients as many health experts don’t think it’s a good idea to heat olive oil as it can destroy it’s health benefits. It’s for health reasons you’re following a los carb of keto diet right?
It’s hard to know what temperature the oil gets to when sauteeing and olive oil has a lower smoke point than avocado oil so it’s safer to use that.
I also suggest that you get organic produce where possible as it will contain more nutrients for better health.
For more delicious fritter recipe check out these low carb and keto recipes:
Keto Chicken Fritters
Makes 12 servings of 2 fritters each
- 2 lb ground organic chicken
- 8 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large organic/pastured egg
- ½ cup organic almond flour
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Redmond Real Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly glround black pepper
1. Get a large baking sheet and line it with non-bleached parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the chicken, cheddar, egg, almond flour, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to combine the ingredients.
3. Scoop two tablespoons at a time and form them into small patties about 3 inches thick. You should be able to produce up to 26 chicken fritters from the mixture. Arrange the patties on the lined baking sheet and refrigerate for an hour.
4. Next, set a skillet over medium heat. Pour one tablespoon of olive oil and ½ tablespoon of butter. When hot, place about ten patties to cook. Cook each side of the patty for up to three minutes or until cooked through.
5. Place the cooked patties on a paper towel to dry and cook the rest of the patties. Scrape some of the cooked cheese between batches to keep it from burning.
6. Serve the keto chicken fritters with ranch, bleu cheese, or any of your favorite dips.
Here’s a video of this keto chicken fritters recipe.