If you’re on the keto diet and you find yourself yearning for something sweet, you could grab one of these keto magic cookies. These cookies are easy to make with minimal ingredients. The ingredients are low in carbs, yet these cookies are guaranteed to keep your sweet tooth satisfied.
The original magic cookies or bars were made with a graham cracker base with butterscotch, coconut, chocolate, and pecans. They were all stuck together with sweetened condensed milk that caramelized on top.
You may know them as 7 layer bars, Dolly bars or Almond Joy bars. They tended to crumble when cut and were cloyingly sweet. Obviously no good for you and certainly no good for a keto or low carb diet.
This recipe for keto magic cookies was created by Sarah of CJ’s Keto Kitchen and are made with sugar-free chocolate chips, unsweetened coconut flakes, pecans and sweetened with confectioners erythritol.
With only 1 gram of net carbs per cookie, these keto magic cookies are certainly a dream come true for keto dieters who are born with a sweet tooth.
Related reading: What Are Net Carbs And Why Are They Important?
According to Sarah you must use a mini muffin tin or silicone mold for these keto magic cookies. She uses a 24 cup mini muffin mold. Alternatively, you could use a 8 x 8 ” baking dish. You can’t make them like you would traditional cookies or they tend to fall apart.
And, when baked, you must leave them to cool for at least 30 to 45 minutes at room temperature before trying to remove them from the mold or cut them into bars if you are using a baking dish.
Keto Magic Cookies
makes 24 approx.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. Erythritol confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 4 tbsps. grass-fed unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 organic/pastured egg yolks
- 1 tsp. natural vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. Place a 24 cup silicone mini muffin mold on a large baking sheet.
3. Place the butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sweetener, and egg yolks in a large bowl. Combine by beating for a short time. Add in the chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut flakes.
4. Spoon the cookie mixture into the mold or baking dish.
5. Leave to cook for about 12 -14 minutes by which time they should be lightly browned. Remove from oven and leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before removing the keto magic cookies from the mold or cutting them if using a baking dish.
Check out Sarah’s video demo of how to cook the keto magic cookies.