If you love chicken and bacon and you’re on a low carb diet, you will be delighted to know that there are plenty of delicious low carb recipes that involve the use of chicken and bacon! One of these is this oven baked bacon wrapped chicken tenders.
This recipe from Lisa over at Low Carb Yum is so easy to make, so even if you’re someone who is clueless when it comes to cooking, this recipe should be easy for you to do.
It makes a great appetizer although you can also have it as a main dish for lunch or dinner. Serve the tenders as they are or with some low carb vegetables or simply serve with a dipping sauce.
This low carb recipe is best made with organic or free range chicken and bacon from free range pigs that eat a natural diet. If you can find it nitrate free as well so much the better.
Low Carb Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Recipe
• 2 pounds free range or organic chicken tenders (equivalent to 16 pieces)
• 16 slices of good quality free range bacon
• 1 tsp. thyme
• 1 tsp. oregano
• 1 tsp. onion powder
• 2 tsp. garlic powder
• 2 tsp. paprika
• 2 tsp. Himalayan salt
• 2 tsp. cayenne pepper powder ( use half this amount of you don’t want it too spicy)
• Preheat oven to 425°F. (220°C)
• Line the baking pans with aluminum foil and place a metal rack on top. You can use jellyroll pans if you have them and top each pan with a cooling rack.
• Combine all the herbs and spices together and place in a large zipper bag. Close the bag and shake well to blend the herbs and spices.
• Place the chicken tenders in the bag with herbs and spices. Close the bag and shake well to coat the chicken.
• Once the tenders are coated, wrap each of them in bacon and make sure to tuck in the end. Place on the rack and put in the oven for baking.
• Bake at 425°F (220°C) for about 35 minutes or when the bacon appears crispy. If the bacon is not yet crisp place the pan under a broiler for 1-2 minutes.
Here’s a video of this delicious low carb recipe:
Want more low carb recipes? Check these out: