Pancakes are often viewed as one of those indulgent breakfast foods that you should ignore when trying to lose weight. Luckily, there are now plenty of pancake recipes that are ideal for those who are on a low-carb diets including the keto diet.
One of the most delicious pancake recipes that is ideal for those on the ketogenic diet is this one for keto pancakes topped with berries and whipped cream. These cottage cheese pancakes are so delectable that you’ll never want to go back to your usual pancake recipe after giving this a try. The berry topping with whipped cream gives the pancakes just the right amount of sweetness. This recipe from the Diet Doctor is so healthy that you may want to eat this for breakfast every single day.
Keto Pancakes with Berries
• 2 ounces butter or coconut oil
• 4 whole eggs (organic are best)
• 7 ounces cottage cheese
• 1 tbsp. psyllium husk powder
• 8 tbsp. of fresh raspberries
• 1 cup heavy whipped cream
Instead of the fresh raspberries, you can also opt for alternatives such as fresh blueberries or strawberries.
• In a medium sized bowl, add the eggs, cottage cheese and the 1 tbsp. of psyllium husk powder. Mix all the ingredients together. Leave for 5 – 10 min. in order to thicken.
• In a non-stick skillet, heat the coconut oil or butter. Fry the batter in low to medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes. Do not make the pancake too big or you’ll find them difficult to flip.
• In a separate bowl, pour the heavy whipping cream and whip the cream well until soft peaks start to form.
• Serve the keto pancakes topped with whipped cream and the berries of your choice.
These pancakes can also be a great snack when served cold. You can even wrap a few of them and take them to work with you!
Here’s a video for the recipe:
Want more Keto or Low Carb recipes? Check these easy, tasty recipes out:
Brownies On A Low Carb Diet?
Vegan Pesto Spaghetti with Mushrooms & Olives
3 Healthy Low Carb Alternatives to French Fries
Delicious Keto Lava Cake Recipe
Low Carb Broccoli Rice Versus Cauliflower Rice
Low Carb Zucchini Pasta With Avocado Sauce Recipe