This low carb avocado ice cream recipe is proof that you can still indulge in delicious treats even if you are on a low carb or keto diet. While you can no longer eat regular ice cream on those diets you can still eat delicious low-carb ice cream and you won’t even notice any difference.
Fortunately, making this avocado ice cream recipe from Jomelyn is super easy. In fact, you just need to combine all ingredients in a food processor and then put it in a freezer! Yes, it’s no churn!
Even if you have not tried making any ice cream before, you sure can manage to make this keto-friendly avocado ice cream.
You can jazz up this recipe with the addition of a few drops of peppermint if you like or add some cinnamon for a different flavor. You could also fold in some low carb chocolate chips.
If you want a recipe for chocolate avocado ice cream then try this Keto Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream. It’s easy and delicious!
Health Benefits of Avocado
Avocados are very popular with people on low carb diets because they are comprised of good beneficial fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals and have a lot of health benefits. I have written about all the benefits of this superfood in this post > Health Benefits of Avocado on Keto.
Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 medium-sized avocados, peel and stones removed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream ( organic if possible)
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute such as Swerve confectioners
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (to avoid discoloration)
1. Add all ingredients except for the cream to a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender. Mix or blend the ingredients. Make sure they are combined well.
2. Next, mix the heavy whipping cream in a bowl until it produces a creamy texture.
3. Add the avocado mixture to the cream and gently fold in until thoroughly mixed.
4. Place in a freezer proof dish and freezer for 4 hours. You now have a delicious low carb avocado ice cream.
Check out this video of how to prepare this avocado ice cream recipe.